Digg it?

Did you like my site? Press the digg it button to vote for it. Thanks

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Diabetes Epidemic

Today I was reading the front page of the Pittsburgh Pa. newspaper, The Post-Gazette and there was an article about diabetes being an epidemic in western Pa. I too, have been diagnosed with diabetes type two for several years so it caught my eye. In the article it talked about a women recently diagnosed with diabetes who had no symptoms of the disease. Symptoms include frequent urination, excessive thirst,being hungry, headaches and fatigue. She also has no family history of the disease. The article further explains treatment options and what can be done about diabetes. One of these things is good nutrition. Go to http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07238/812240-398.stm to read the article.

Actually the epidemic of diabetes is blamed on poor eating habits, too many carbohydrates and lack of exercise, but when considering the poor quality of food we get these days when we eat vegetables and fruits that are purchased in the grocery stores, I wonder if this may also be a contributing factor.

I'm not pretending to be any type of professional in this, but it does make me wonder.

My plan is to keep using the The Feast and keep feeling better! Go to www.urilife.net/lbeattie to see if The Feast could benefit you and your family.

No comments: